Judith’s Reading List
I believe that people’s businesses grow in direct correlation to their own personal growth. So if you want to be successful in business or have a successful business of your own you need to keep working on your own personal growth.
Every year I attend training courses and learn from the best. I have a coach and a business advisor and I am also a member of the Professional Speakers Academy. In addition, I am an avid reader and I have a ‘Success Rule’ which means I read at least ten pages a day of a book that will expand my mind.
I have outlined below the books that I have found particularly useful. As I read more books I will add to the list so keep checking back.
- What I Know To Be True by Oprah Winfrey
- Dying To Be Me by Anita Moorjani
- The Seat Of The Soul by Gary Zukav
- Passion into Profit by Andy Harrington
- Battlefield to Boardroom by Jay Allen
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David J Schwartz
- Why Men Lie and Women Cry by Allan and Barbara Pease
- The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
- Men are from Mars Women are from Venus by John Gray
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carneigie
- How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling by Frank Bettger
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- The EMyth by Michael Gerber
- Why men don’t listen and women can’t read maps Allan and Barbara Pease
- Think Big & Kick Ass Trump & Bill Zanker
- The Bald Truth Turning Point Dr Rohan Weerasinghe
…Not forgetting “Proven Strategies of Success” written by moi!
Here’s a sneaky little peek…..
If you want to succeed you need to get what we at WAM call the “money making mentality”. You actually have to train your mind to support your business goals, otherwise, your mind will defeat you every time.
You want something: a successful business and you might think that your willpower is all you need to make it happen.
If you know what to do you just have to get out there and do it. Unfortunately, if your willpower conflicts with your imagination in any way, then you’re not going to succeed. Your imagination is going to win.
You’re busy pushing, pushing and pushing. You’re willing yourself to get out there and make sales, or to set up your website, or to do whatever it takes to keep your business afloat. However, your imagination is busy serving up images of failure; images of having to go back and beg for your old job. Of having to tell your spouse that you didn’t succeed. You might have visions of financial ruin. Or you might just be afraid of being rejected, laughed at, or called a fraud or a phony.
As a result, your anxieties take over. You start sabotaging yourself in a thousand tiny ways. You write your blog post, but you don’t remember to proof read it, and it ends up hurting your brand rather than helping it. You sit down at your computer to work, but you can’t find the energy to get the job done, so you end up checking your e-mail for the thousandth time today.
Your fears overcome you, and you push your messages out timidly, if you push them out at all. Your imagination steals all of the strength from you.
Thus, we’ve got to work to get your imagination on your side. That’s the only way your entire mind is going to be energised, alert, passionate and ready to succeed.
Getting your imagination on your side is what the “money mind set” is all about…
Stretch your mind, happy reading.